What to do on the day of your commercial move to Ohio?
Moving Day TipsJuly 24, 2020
Moving can be a lot to process but can be easier if you plan out what to do on the day of your commercial move. Most of the time, you don’t need to have everything packed 2 months before our commercial movers Columbus Ohio arrive. Still, it’s smart to start going through things and getting rid of what you don’t need. For more advice on packing tips, make sure to check out our blog. Is your business expanding or downsizing? Luckily, all you need is a good plan to avoid major interruptions to your workflow. We’ll share a few tips of the trade to make moving your office more manageable, if not even easy, for you and your employees.
How to be ready for moving day and how to prepare?
If you have gone through any type of relocation, then you know that a lot is going on during the moving day! With the Zippy Shell Columbus professionals coming to the house, getting set up, and starting to pad up your household goods and then load it, it won’t leave you much time for anything. You might just get the opportunity to them. Still, there are certain things that you need to get ready on moving day before the movers arrive. So, as you start to prepare, here are some tips on what to do on the day of your commercial move to Ohio.
Let your employees know about the move ahead of time
- Make sure you focus on this first step. Your employees will need enough time to process and arrange your office move. Ideally, you should give them a few months. In case you experience extreme circumstances, a few weeks will also be adequate.
- Be open and transparent when communicating with your employees. Most of them will express concerns about a change in their commute or the distance to their child’s school. The more communication and time you have before moving day will allow workers to adjust.
What to do on the day of your commercial move to Ohio? Start letting your customers know
- If your business has a lot of customer foot traffic, what you should do before the day of your commercial move to Ohio is start letting clients know you’re relocating. Start advertising your relocation a least a month in advance. In-store signs, flyers, and adds on social media will help spread the word.
- You need to make sure your customers know where to find you. The moment you start your business back up again at your new location, your physical and online listings need to be ready to go, too. Update stationery, business cards, and website with your new address.
- If you have listings on Yelp, Google+, and other prominent local listing sites, update those too. Don’t forget to update your social media business pages.
- What to do on the day of your commercial move to Ohio? Prepare your customer service team to be ready to help answer any inquiries or concerns about your relocation.
- Create a thorough office moving checklist. Your employees will appreciate the organization that a checklist can provide. As you plan for what you need to do on the day of your commercial move in terms of logistics, write down what each employee can do to ease the moving process.
Prepare Furniture and Electronics for Moving
- If you’re moving computers, make sure your removers handle the cables carefully. Make sure they place them in a zip-locked bag with numbers.
- Back up important information on your computer on either a cloud server or flash drive.
- As a business, your number one priority on moving day should be to protect your data.
- If you’ve hired a moving and storage company Ohio, they will make sure they disassemble your furniture properly and transport it safely to your new location.
- Last but not least, identify and count the furniture that’s going with you to the new office. Losing track or forgetting someone’s desk chair at the old office happens all the time, so try to avoid that. Movers will, of course, assist you with this if you’ve hired them for packing services.
What to do on the day of your commercial move? Wake up early
- Make sure you are ready for when your moving crew arrives. Get up early, give yourself time to make a good breakfast. It might also leave you with enough time to finish up any last-minute packing.
- Make sure that you charge up all your (essential) electronics. The last thing you want is to have a dead phone on such a crucial day for your business.
- Try to keep all the receipts you’ve accumulated throughout the move. You must keep track of all your company’s expenses. That way you can figure out which ones you can deduct from your taxes or use for reimbursement.
Take important paperwork/valuables with you
This is a crucial step when it comes to long-distance moving. However, as you figure out what to do on the day of your commercial relocation to get ready, contact us to help you streamline the process. Also, make sure to set aside all important paperwork and valuables. Pack them all up and take them with you. It’s safer to have these items with you because it will eliminate the chance of losing them during the unpacking process.