Warning signs that you need storage space
Storage solutionsSeptember 15, 2022
We all know that feeling when we open up our closet and it’s crammed full of clothes, shoes, and other things. Or when we go to grab something from the pantry and it’s so packed, we can’t even find what we’re looking for. Maybe it’s time to face the facts: you need storage space. But how do you know when it’s time to get some extra storage? One of the best moving companies Columbus Ohio has to offer prepares a small guide on how to see the warning signs that indicate you could use some extra space.
Do you need storage space?
As time passes and as your life changes, you have more stuff that accumulates. Suddenly, you have too much furniture for your new apartment or too many clothes for your new job. What to do with all of it? Well, the best solution is to opt for the storage rental Columbus Ohio has to offer.
But before you do, ask yourself these four questions first.
- Do I really need this stuff? If you’re not using it, why keep it around? If an item is sentimental but you don’t have room for it, take a picture and let go of the physical object. You’ll be surprised at how much lighter you’ll feel without all that extra stuff weighing you down.
- Can I sell it? If you have furniture or other items that are in good condition, see if you can sell them online or at a garage sale.
- Can I donate it? There are many organizations that will take gently used items off your hands. Check with your local Goodwill or Salvation Army to see what they accept and when they’re open.
Signs that you need some extra space
Here are some of the signs that you need storage space:
- You can’t close your closet doors. If your clothes are spilling out of your closet and you can’t close the door, it’s time to declutter. Donate them or sell them online. For the rest of the clothes that you want to keep you can get moving services Columbus Ohio offers and let movers bring everything to the storage unit of your choice.
- Your dresser drawers are overflowing. If you can’t fit all your clothes into your dresser, it’s time to get put them in a storage unit.
- You have piles of clothes on the floor. If your bedroom is starting to look like a clothing store, it’s time to declutter. Put away any clean clothes and get rid of any clothes you don’t wear anymore.
- You have more than one “junk drawer”. If you have a drawer (or two) that is filled with junk, it’s time to declutter. Get rid of anything you don’t need or use and put away anything that doesn’t belong in the drawer.
- You can’t find anything when you need it. If you’re always searching for things because your home is so cluttered, it’s time to declutter and see what you can put away.
If your home is starting to feel cluttered and cramped, or if you are looking for a safe space for your items while you move these are the signs that you need storage space. Don’t be a slave of your things. Instead, get moving quotes Columbus Ohio companies offer and see how much they charge to move the extra stuff to the unit that you have rented. Choose movers that fit your budget the most and let them transport your items to the storage facility. Your stuff will be safe and your home nice and organized!