Tips for negotiating a moving package
Hiring moversOctober 9, 2019
Whatever the reason for your relocation, there is one thing you need to do. And that is to find yourself reliable and good movers! Whether you are moving to a new job, to further your education or any other reason, you need to think about your relocation. Here are some tips you can use when negotiating a moving package! You can use them as your advantage when you want to stay within your moving budget!
Give yourself time to find movers before negotiating a moving package
Negotiating a moving package is never easy if you don’t have time to research and find good movers. Sometimes it can take weeks, even months, to find movers that will help you with your relocation. And, at the same time, be affordable enough for your wallet. What you should do is start searching for the movers ahead of time. There are a couple of ways you can search for the movers, and they are:
- Search the internet – Sometimes, you can find valuable information online where you can see the customers reviews and perhaps their recommendations
- Ask your friends for advice – If your friends moved recently then perhaps they can have a word or two that can help you with locating a perfect moving company
- Look out for the ads in the local newspapers, online and other places – There are instances when the perfect moving company hides just around the corner if you know where to look for them. Once you see an ad, hop on to their website and check them out. There is a possibility you are about to hire professional Zippy Shell Columbus Ohio movers!
Whatever you chose as your search method, have in mind that you should spend some time researching the company and the customer’s experience, in order to find a good moving company.
Set up a moving budget
In order to negotiate a moving package successfully, you need to set up a moving budget first! You can just try to hire a moving company if you don’t have any clue about how much you are willing to spend for your relocation. You should have in mind all the factors that influence the final moving cost. And the major ones are:
- The distance from point A to point B – bigger the distance, the higher the moving cost
- How many items are you transporting – To negotiate a moving package you need to know how many items you are moving to your new home. Fewer the items, lower the moving cost!
- Access to the elevator means a lot to the movers and they won’t charge you extra for having to move your big items in the hallway
- Access to a parking spot near your home
- Do you require any special services – One of the biggest things that influence the overall moving cost is what kind of moving services you need. This said, you need to realize what you can get with your moving budget, and according to that negotiate a moving package.
When you know all these factors, and you have a moving budget it is easy to negotiate a moving package. Especially if you need some special kind of moving service, or, in many cases, a storage unit! That’s right, people rent storage units in order to keep some of the items safe during the transportation so they will come back for them later. It is probably a good idea to search for a storage Hilliard Ohio units that can store your belongings until the moving process is done!
To earn money, declutter your home
As we mentioned before, you can save money on your relocation by having fewer items to transport. This means that you should probably declutter your home before they move! Decluttering is a good method of taking care of excess items in your home that you do not need anymore, and you can do it in several ways:
- Donate them to the local charities in Ohio that can give those items to less fortunate people who can use them.
- Sell them over the internet or by organizing a yard/garage sale – by doing this, you will certainly earn some extra cash that you can use to get some of the moving services. If you get extra cash, it will be easier to negotiate a moving package since your moving budget will be higher!
These are just several ways you can get rid of those items you do not need anymore!
Get your own packing materials or buy from the movers
Another point on our list of how to negotiate a moving package is knowing whether or not you are using your own packing materials or buying ones from the movers. As with all the moving services the movers provide you with, they also can sell you their own packing materials. But, if that goes over your moving budget, then you should opt for getting your own. There are few places where you can get free moving boxes and packing materials such as:
- Local grocery stores
- Shoe stores
- From friends that moved recently
Now, depending on the size of the items you are transporting, you should be aware that sometimes getting new packing materials means a lot! Knowing where to find packing supplies is one of the ways to not over exceed the moving budget!
Start negotiating with your movers
Once you are familiar with the up above mentioned things you should start negotiating a moving package with your movers. With all that is said, it is now probably easy to do it, and you will hire your movers to fast and without any issues at all! The mentioned tips and tricks are just one of the steps in finding affordable movers!
Negotiating a moving package should be a piece of cake for you now! With all the guidelines we provided you with, you will surely find it easy to both find and hire your movers. Not to mention negotiate a price that will satisfy you and your movers!