Tips and tricks for moving a bed frame and mattress
How toSeptember 8, 2019
While there are many large objects in your home, the bed is one of the bulkiest to relocate. It doesn’t sound so difficult in theory, but the practice will show you that moving a bed frame and mattress is no picnic. Surely the easiest way to ensure the stress-free relocation will be to hire residential movers Columbus Ohio to do the heavy tasks instead of you. On the other hand, if you have already firmly decided for whatever reason to move without the help of the professionals, here are some tips and tricks on how to move your bed properly and safely.
Reconsider hiring professionals
Honestly speaking, hiring a moving company can eat up a lot of your budget. However, did you consider what you are getting in return? The easy relocation that could end up saving you a lot of aggravation. These days, the stress is the number one enemy to human’s health, and relocation is a major stressor. Still, it doesn’t have to be if you hire local movers Columbus Ohio to do it for you.
Professional movers know exactly how to move different sizes and types of every household items, including beds. Their experience and extensive training allow them to conduct your relocation much faster, safer and more efficiently than you could ever do on your own.
So revising your moving budget will be the best way to save your sanity during the moving day, and even some funds.
Get some knowledge before you begin moving a bed frame and mattress
If you are still convinced that you can move your home on your own, there are some things that you have to learn before you start moving a bed frame and mattress.
First of all, make a moving checklist and schedule for all the moving tasks.
Know that you will have to invest a lot of your time and energy in your relocation.
When moving your bed is in question, the key is to locate the instruction manual. If you don’t have the original one, search for it online. It is crucial because it will show you how to disassemble the bed frame properly, which is the most important thing.
Surely, there are some other things to consider as well.
Take out your measuring tape, make some measurements of your bed and write it down. Then compare them to the dimensions of the doorways, hallways, and stairs. More importantly, do that at your new home too.
When you have all the measurements, you can make a perfect plan for moving your bed frame and mattress. And remember, if you need any assistance in writing or organizing your plans, papers you can always rely on the Papertyper essay writing AI tool based on Artificial intelligence tech to help with your written homework for free.
Transporting your bed to the next block in the same city is much different than hauling it long distance across the country. Especially in the terms of expenses.
The bigger your bed is, the more space will take. Meaning you’ll need a bigger moving vehicle to fit all your belongings. And making two trips will increase the overall transportation of your relocation.
Keep in mind that long distance relocation will cost you a lot, even when you’re moving on your own. In fact, it can easily be a bigger expense than hiring movers for this type of relocation.
Necessary supplies for moving a bed frame and mattress
In order to protect your belongings, when moving bad frames and mattress, you’ll need:
- Plastic wrap with bubbles
- A lot of packing and duck tape
- Packing paper
- Moving straps, for heavy lifting
- If your bed is especially heavy, rent a dolly
- A screwdriver or wrench for bed frame disassembling
- Small plastic bag with zipper to keep all the bed bolts and other small parts safe after disassembling
- Mattress bags
- Crib mattress box
- Moving blankets
Steps for safely packing beds and mattresses
- Remove all sheets, comforters, blankets, and pillows and pack them in moving boxes.
- Cover the mattress with a mattress bag. For bags without the zippers. use packing tape to secure the open ends.
- Covered mattress place the mattress on its side, and put it up against the wall so you can disassemble the frame.
- Remove any drawers form the bed frame. Wrap and pack them separately.
- Disassemble the bed frame using the proper tools. Put all screws, nuts, bolts and other small pieces together in a zip-top bag.
- Using the furniture paper padding, wrap the bed frame, headboard and footboard. Duck tape it firmly so the pieces can’t shift. Don’t tape any part of the furniture because it could damage the finish.
Tips for moving bed frames and mattress
- Take photos – That way you will know what pieces connect so you know how to reassemble the bed frame.
- Find assistance – Since the bed parts are one of the heaviest pieces of furniture, ask a friend or family member for help.
- Move furniture slowly and carefully – Watch your steps when carrying the mattress and pieces of the bed frame. Be extra careful with passing trough narrow doorways, sharp turns, other furniture, and stairways.
- Load properly – The best way for loading mattresses in the moving vehicle will be to place them on their side leaned up against the wall. Secure with straps or ropes so it couldn’t shift at all during the transport. However, some special bed cushioning like the memory foam mattresses might lay flat, without anything pressing them on top.
- Drive with caution – When you are transporting your home on your own, you have to be extra careful on the road. Especially if you haven’t driven this type of vehicle before.
While these tips and trick for moving a bed frame and mattress will help you, your lack of knowledge might put you and your belongings in great danger. Also, in the end, it can cost more than hiring experts to do the job. The best course of action will truly be to get professional assistance.