How to find the best moving rates
Hiring moversJune 15, 2019
When preparing for relocation, there are a few things for you to have in mind. First, you need to set a date. Then, you need to plan your moving budget. And finally, you need to find a reliable moving company to perform your upcoming move. Someone like Zippy Shell Moving and Storage Columbus. But you also want your movers’ rates to match your moving budget, right? And you want to get the best value for your money. Is that manageable? Of course it is, with a little effort. Let’s give it some thought and learn how to find the best moving rates.
Compare moving companies, their offers and services
Next step on your journey to find the best moving rates is to compare the companies, their offers, and services. Make a list of companies that are your top choice and start comparing. Pay special attention to their prices, offer and services that you found appealing. Get a few moving estimates and compare them. This way, you will get a rough idea of the size of your bill. But be careful, do not stick to a price that is too significantly lower in comparison to the other companies. That can be a red flag for a fraudulent moving company. Keep in mind that some companies can hold high prices for certain services due to their reputation and the quality service they provide.
Go the extra mile to find what you need
Have you thought of taking your search on a whole new level? After picking a moving company will handle your relocation, you can do the following:
- If a moving company of your choice has a physical address (and it should) you should visit them in person! Our advice is to simply walk in anonymously to see how they operate. Speak to a few agents at the premises to get the idea of how they treat customers. And most importantly, if the services they advertise is true or false.
- Try to find someone that already used their services in the past. It can be a friend, a friend of a friend, private business or even a corporation. Feel free to give them a call and check the references. Finally, this will make you feel much safer when making a choice.
- Go ahead and ask for a tour of the facility. Look around and see if you can spot anything odd. You can also request to check the moving trucks that they use to move your belongings. An honest and reliable residential movers Columbus shouldn’t deny such a request.
We will take a step further as well and recommend a moving company of high quality that offers the best moving rates as well. Zippy Shell Columbus movers are one of the most affordable, yet dependable and legit moving companies around. Their services will bring great relief for both you and your moving budget.
Best moving rates – through moving costs
- Travel fees can add up rather quickly when moving long distance. They include labor costs and fuel costs for the time it takes the movers to get from point A to point B.
- The specific moving date can affect the price of your relocation dramatically. For example, a weekend move during the peak season will have you waving your savings goodbye. However, if you choose to move on a week-day off-season, your rates will be much lower.
- Packing services are super convenient and highly tempting. Hence, it’s hardly a surprise since most people tend to see packing as the most arduous part of the move. Still, if you plan on hiring professional packers, you should know that such a service can cost you an extra few hundred dollars or more.
- A complicated relocation can be handled rather well when you have a storage unit at your disposal. Movers can store your belongings of before, during or after a move. This handy service also comes with extra charges. The easiest way to find the best moving rates for storage is by asking moving companies for specifics.
- Moving add-ons, such as disassembling and reassembling furniture, moving of specialty items, and moving supplies cost extra. Additionally, packing supplies stretch wrap, felt pads and mattress bags all come with a price tag of their own.
Ask family and friends for a recommendation
There is no better recommendation than the one that comes from people that you trust. Therefore, ask your family members, friends, colleagues, and neighbors if they know some affordable mover you can trust, that they already have experience with. This is one of the most important steps because it will save your time and nerves as well.
Ask for price estimate and home survey in advance
If you can’t find anyone who can recommend some good mover, better get to work and start searching for one on your own. Start by asking movers to calculate the costs of your move and compare. If you do this, you will find an affordable mover that suits your needs. Also, every professional mover will send a representative to inspect your home before the move. They will calculate and measure everything before moving day. And when the day of the move comes, they will know exactly what to do.
It’s your call
Remember, although finding the best moving rates is not an easy job, it’s your call. Don’t settle for something that doesn’t suit your needs or that you can’t afford. Keep looking, affordable and quality movers do exist, you just need to find them.